Sunday, February 19, 2012

how long are shingles contagious

Just How Long Are Shingles Contagious? It's human nature if someone tells you they have shingles to have your brain tell you to run the other way. But before you beat-feet and embarrass yourself, let’s run down some simple facts about shingles.
Shingles is a virus, albeit a nasty one, that is temporary and usually never fatal. Shingles are the after effects of having chicken pox. In fact, shingles and chicken pox both are part of the herpes family, but only minor cousins to the herpes virus that causes mouth sores or genital blisters (the dreaded STD).

Shingles reside in the nervous system after having and recovering from chicken pox. A shingles flare up is generally brought on by a major emotional or health trauma like stress, immune deficiencies and cancer. Shingles form rashes that blister up (like chicken pox), pop and ooze, crust over and then finally heal.
With shingles you are contagious pretty much the whole time the blisters are forming, popping and crusting over. You are contagious until all the blisters have crusted over completely, when no new blisters are forming and the seeping has stopped.
Now, just who are you contagious too? If you have shingles you are only contagious to those around you who have never had chicken pox. Those unlucky souls won’t catch shingles, but they will catch the chicken pox. Those who have had the chicken pox cannot catch what you have.
So if you have shingles, we give you our sincerest heart-felt sympathies. But you can still surround yourself with friends and family who have had the chicken pox—and you must be shunned by those who have not.

2 comments:

  1. HERBAL CURE FOR SHINGLES,WARTS AND HERPES 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was SHINGLES. I have had it for a very long time, I contracted it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I ended the relationship between us. The warts were so embarrassed because it started spreading all over. I have been dealing with these things for a very long time. The last treatment I took was About 2 years ago I applied for natural treatment from Dr. JAMES herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts were gone. It's now 2 years and some months I don't have a single wart or any symptoms of SHINGLES. wow"" it's great, Dr. JAMES has finally cured me. Anyone living with SHINGLES contact Dr. JAMES for natural treatments.his herbal medicine is easy to drink with no side effects. Dr.James has cure for diseases like Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. just reach him on his Email  [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com].  I'm Debbie and you can get in touch with me via debbiewalace@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. - [ ] I'm here to testify about the great work Dr Osebor did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Osebor on how he cured her from HIV Virus. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact Dr Osebor for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help, so I emailed him on ( oseborwinbacktemple@gmail.com ) telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr Osebor assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So 
    - [ ] friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact Dr Osebor via email. { oseborwinbacktemple@gmail.com }or call or what sapp him on( +2348073245515 )
    - [ ] DR osebor CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
    - [ ]  HIV/AIDS
    - [ ]  HERPES
    - [ ] CANCER
    - [ ] ALS
    - [ ] cancer 
    - [ ] Diabetes
    eye problem etc.

    ReplyDelete